Diamond Head Trail. We laid low in the morning and early afternoon (except for my trip to Nordstrom Rack which is literally right across the street - and Stacy was working so I got bored and . . .) before hitting one of the world’s most famous volcanic craters: Diamond Head. The volcano has long been extinct but it was still cool to have walked to the summit. It was a 1.6 mile hike round trip with some pretty steep sections, a LOT of stairs and even a tunnel to keep things interesting. Funny how I was feeling a little claustrophobic and didn’t realize it was extra dark because I was still wearing my sunglasses (lol). Pro Tip: Don’t wear your sunglasses when walking through a volcanic tunnel.
Despite its name, there are no diamonds here (sorry). Apparently, in the early 1800s, some British soldiers mistakenly thought the shiny calcite crystals in the rocks were diamonds. Even without diamonds, the view from the summit at over 750 ft above sea level was breathtaking.
















Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.💜
ReplyDelete