Stacy was secretly planning a special dinner at a nice restaurant with a view. He told me he made reservations but that’s all I knew. He knows I love a surprise.
But since we had already been up since before 5am EST, I asked what time he planned for dinner. Knowing that we can’t hang like we used to. Well it is well known that I don’t have a good poker face. So when he said dinner was at 8:30pm PDT (translation: 11:30 EST), my face said what words didn’t have to. He got confused with the time change and the way things showed up on our Google Calendar.
And then he asked: “Should I cancel it?” As if my nonverbal hint needed further explanation. So while he had to cancel whatever little surprise he was planning (did I say how much I love surprises), I got to work to see what restaurants were in walking distance from the hotel.
Dinner @ The Story Cafè: the cutest little neighborhood spot with outdoor seating and the friendliest staff. Afterwards, we walked to an Asian supermarket so I could buy a toothbrush (left mine at Raleigh hotel) and to the liquor store to pick up some new libations to try on the cruise. Because the cruise drink package was ridiculous!
That’s one thing I miss about life in the big city - walking to eat, to shop and then take your life in your own hands trying to cross a 5-lane road with no crosswalk (and apparently pedestrians do not have the right of way).



Comments
Post a Comment